I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, and I also wanted to help my husband in any way that I could. In 1997, I decided to become an Avon Independent Sales Representative. My daughters were 1 and 3 years of age at the time.
For the first seven years, I worked my Avon business as a hobby, I had about 20 customers. It gave me the chance to talk to other adults outside of my home, get my make-up for free, gifts for my children and the little things we needed between paychecks.
It wasn’t until my manager (at that time) told me that I could really make some serious money (residual) that I started treating my Avon as a business not a hobby. The next year I grew my customer base from 20 to 160. I also started Avon’s Sales Leadership Program. By the end of that Avon year, I became a President’s Club Member (PC) which meant that I was selling at over $10,100 in sales and also became a Unit Leader, both for the first time ever. The next year I grew my customer base from 160 to 320 and sold enough Avon to achieve Honor Society (HS), which is selling at over $20,200 in sales. I have achieved that sales level every year since and have earned many awards.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2004-2005, #3 in the District for Sales Increase
- 2005-2006, #1 in the District for Sales Volume, #1 in the District for Sales Increase, and I received the Spirit of Avon Award. I also received a very nice TV/DVD, an awesome Canon Camera and a beautiful 14k Gold/57 Brilliant Cut Diamond Tennis Bracelet.
- 2006-2007, Avon’s Recruiting Excellence Award
- 2007-2008, #3 in the District for Sales Volume
- 2008-2009, #3 in the District for Sales Volume
- 2009-2010, #3 in the District for Sales Volume
- 2011-2012, #1 in the District for Sales Volume
- 2012-2013, #3 in the District for Sales Volume and Avon’s Leadership Recruiting Excellence Award
- 2013-2014, #2 in the District for Sales Volume
- 2015, in the District:
- #2 – Personal Sales Volume
- #5 – Personal Sales Increase
- #2 – Total Unit Sales Volume
- #1 – Total Unit Sales Increase
- SPIRIT OF AVON AWARD
- PRP Membership Mentoring Certificate
I have really enjoyed my Avon business. I love the flexibility it provides. My customers have become my friends. I am also my own boss, on my own time. Flexibility definitely has been important to me and my family. In the past few years my youngest daughter has had some health issues where I had to be available to take her to Dr. appointments and be there for her. In 2010, we also went through a tornado that destroyed our home, everything inside and out, except my Avon business. We had to start completely over. It took a year and a half to finish the process. We were able to see the hand of God work in our lives before, during and after the tornado. It was amazing! He is amazing! Click here to read our story. I would not of been able to keep a regular job during those times in my life. I also love Avon because of the products that we have. They are of excellent quality, affordable and there is something for everyone; men, women and children.
I am an Honor Society Member, Sales Leader, National Recruiter, Business Developer, Skin Care Specialist and DSWA Elite Certified Representative.
I have always been the type of person that wants to help others – customers, team members and even those that aren’t on my team. I have a huge passion for Avon and helping people succeed. I hope that through this website I am able to help you too. I am looking for people that are business-minded, hard working, determined to succeed individuals to join me on this journey in building a huge organization. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you through the Contact Me tab. Thanks for visiting and God bless!
Founder of My Beautiful Beauty Business